Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Home Sweet Homebush

So this is the blog that I promised. Please be patient with me as I have never blogged before. I think that the jet lag has worn off enough that I can at least have a subject and verb in each sentence, but that is all I can promise you.

We are staying in an apartment complex right outside of Sydney in a suburb called Homebush, the site of the 2000 Sydney Olympics. The view is great (right on the waterfront). It has two bedrooms and is furnished and stocked with linens and dishes. This has been a great blessing since everything in Australia is pretty expensive -- $5.00 for a box of Special K, $24.00 for a thin crust pizza, $4.00 for a single bottle of beer, and $400 for a Wii (good thing we brought ours with us!!).



In these first few days, we have done some exploring. There is a ferry to Sydney that is only a 15 minute walk from the apartment. The bus is 15 minutes the other way and will be used primarily to get us to the train station. We found a farmer's market, fish market, and butcher yesterday that is about 20 minutes away (which is actually cheaper than the supermarket). The apartment complex has a pool, a sauna, and a fitness room. I think I'm really going to like it here! I definitely understand why so many people come to Australia and want to move here.

1 comment:

nokomis said...

glad you are blogging. It is good to see what is going on with you guys.

Miss you,

B