Friday, July 17, 2009

Firsts

Hey everyone! I arrived in Buenos Aires on Wednesday morning with all of my bags (always a plus). My driver was an amiable fellow who asked me if I spoke "Castiliano" and responded "no" to my question of weather or not he spoke English. Oh well, that didn't stop us from communicating well enough to get everything loaded and transported to my hotel.

First clue that you are not in an American hotel:


I've never actually used a bidet before, so naturally I was curious. As I leaned down and cracked the handle open, a stream of water shot about three feet in the air. I was able to avoid being shot in the face and quickly turned the water off. Lesson learned.

After that adventure I decided to go for a walk. I came across a park complete with a wrought iron dog park. It was much louder than it looks in the picture.


After wandering around a shopping district and being solicited by lots of people to do lots of things (even spend the night I think...but maybe I misunderstood her), I stopped for lunch. Everyone tells you about the beef in Argentina, so I figured I should try some. First beef lesson: If given a choice between the "1/2" order or "Full" order go with the half. Unless you want to eat the whole cow. Although on second thought, maybe that's how they can wait so long to eat dinner. Hmm...

Leftovers.

Anyway, the steak was delicious as was the wine that they brought with it. After my espresso, the waiter poured me a lemoncello shot as an after coffee "breath freshener" on the house. Wow, do these people know how to do lunch! All I can say is I can't wait for dinner.

Nat

No comments: